The State Senate has launched a new website designed to get public comments on how to reform New York’s campaign finance system.
They will be using these comments to decide how to move forward on legislation this year.
That’s why it’s critically important that we make our voices heard – that we say the legislature must pass public financing of elections this session!
Here’s how to post your idea:
- Visit http://campaignfinanceideas.nysenate.gov (if you click this link, it’ll open a new window, so you can come back here and see the rest of the steps).
- Click on the big blue button that says “New Idea”
- A new window will pop up. Enter your email address, then select the option that says “No, I’m a new user.” Enter your desired password twice. Then click “sign-up.”
- On the next page, click the link that says “Back to Campaign Finance Ideas”
- Click on the big blue “New Idea” button again. This time, a new window will pop up that will let you write your idea.
- Click “Post Idea” and you idea will get published to the website.
- You can also go back to the website and vote on other people’s ideas.
The Senate also has a site where they’ve posted three different drafts of public financing legislation. Go to that website and comment on the bills. The main thing to say here is that the legislature must make public financing of elections law in New York this year. Visit that website at http://www.nysenate.gov/legislation